- Linens- Table Top, Bedroom, Pajamas – I found some really nicely made white table mats with hand embroidered corners- also cotton pajamas- would have loved to have bedroom linens as well but too heavy to take back-
- Lingerie- #Oysho really nice sleep wear and beach wear. I love all white for sleeping, they had great options-
- Tiles – if you’re in the market for tiles- and you can appreciate vintage design then you’re in the right place- these were in the #penapalace but its a great example of what you can find-
- Filigree jewelry
- Clothing International Chain stores- Zara, Mango, H&M
- Clothing Local- #Charlie: they have a cute collection of french made clothing- great fabrics and designs and the best thing is that its all #onesaizefitsall – #Vintagebazaar,
- Items made from Cork- handbags, purses etc.
Food & Wine
If you’re interested in eating where the locals eat here are some great tips:
Cross reference information provided by trip-advisor and #foursquare. Keep in mind to “keep an open mind” when reading the reviews-
Speak with the concierge at your hotel- they can advise on whats new and happening- they can get you reservations etc.
Follow- or find #foodieinstagrammers in the country/city that you’re in- in Lisbon I found #lisbonfoodguide
Don’t be afraid to try new things! I stumbled upon the cutest little cafe serving a most delicious Portuguese pastry, which I learnt later on was only available there! #alfama
- Sangria- just amazing- red/white or rose
- Porto Wine-
- Cod Fish
- Portuguese Tarts
- Rice dishes- Octopus Rice
- International Cuisine- Japanese, Indian, Chinese, Thai
Lastly, look out for and visit #timeout- its pretty much a food bazaar serving local food- the best place for a great variety of Portuguese dishes, made by some of the better chefs of Lisbon and what a great vibe!
With Love Vanita-